Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Trek Tracks-My Favorite Star Trek Inspired Music.

In honor of the release of the latest Star Trek movie, I've decided to share with you something truly and deeply nerdy. Oh yeah, it's my favorite Star Trek inspired music. :)


First up, Mr. Spock by Nerf Herder.


As a geeky aside, I'll point out that Nerf Herder is also responsible for the theme song for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Ready for a blast from the past? Remember The Refreshments? They hit the scene in the mid-ninties and I haven't really heard from them since, but they left us with this hit and it's affectionate Picard reference.


 Next up is the first of two songs created entirely from sound clips. This one is from an interview with William Shatner found in the special feature for Star Trek 5. I offer up Shatner of The Mount by Fall on Your Sword. I warn you...it WILL get stuck in your head.





Next, a tribute to Captain Picard by DarkMateria


This one is by a group actually named S.P.O.C. K. It's called Dr. McCoy. :)


And finally, William Shatner by The Scofflaws.



I'll tell you though, I actually prefer the live version of this song found on this album, because they work in a sample from Amok Time.

Okay, there you go. My favorite Trek Tracks. Do you have a favorite that I've missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading and commenting.